2. Collection of personal data
2.1 From the general public/visitors to our website
Titan Products collect personal data when an individual gets in touch with us with a question, complaint, comment or feedback. In these cases, the individual is in control of the personal data shared with us and we will only use the data for the purpose of responding to the communication.
2.2 From our customers
Where we need to process personal data provided to us from our customers in order to provide our products and services, we ask our customers to provide the necessary information to the individuals concerned regarding the process.
2.3 From our suppliers
We collect and process personal data about our suppliers in order to receive products and services from our suppliers and, where relevant, to provide products and services to our customers.
2.4 From mobile applications
The Remote Access app is developed and published by Titan Products. No personal or location information that could be used to identify the user is collected or stored via the app, connected Titan devices or third parties. All user passwords are stored locally and securely. Titan Products do not use third party companies or analytical software to collect or store any data, personal or otherwise, in any way.
3. Use of personal data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide services to our customers and offer new relevant products;
• To administer, manage and develop our products and services;
• We process personal data in order to run our business, including:
– Managing our relationships with customers;
– Developing and improving our products and services;
– Maintaining and using IT systems;
– Administering and managing our website and systems and applications.
4. The legal reasons for processing personal data
We may process personal data on the following legal bases:
(a) Consent: the individual has given us clear consent to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the member of staff.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
We may process personal data on the following legal bases for Special Category Data:
(a) the individual has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.
(b) the processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of Titan Products or of the individual in the field of employment and social security and social protection law.
5. Storing personal data
We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Personal data may be held for longer periods where extended retention periods are required by law and/or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
6. Who we share personal data with
Within Titan Products Ltd, personal data may be shared between colleagues who legitimately need the information to carry out their duties. The amount of personal data shared within Titan Products Ltd will be no more than is reasonably necessary.
Titan Products Ltd use a range of trusted service providers to help deliver our products and services. All of our suppliers are subject to appropriate safeguards, operating in accordance with our specific instructions and limitations, and in full compliance with Data Protection Law. These service providers include:
• Payment processors to securely process your card payments
• SMS providers to send out SMS notifications or messages regarding projects or our products and services
• Email providers to send out our email notifications or messages to customers regarding projects of our products and services
• Hosting providers to manage and secure our IT systems• Security providers to protect our systems from attack
• Support portal so that you can easily contact us to ask for help
Titan Products will not share personal data with any third parties unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
7. Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact Titan Products GDPR owner. We may need to request additional information to verify your identity before we action your request. You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• request that information is corrected if it’s inaccurate
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection legislation.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
For more information please contact Titan Products